1. The copyright with respect to the CIRSE website and any other website provided by CIRSE is owned by CIRSE. The information contained in the CIRSE website and any other website provided by CIRSE may be viewed, copied, printed and distributed for non-commercial purposes and provided that the above copyright notice appears in all such copies, however, in any event subject to any specific terms and conditions which may apply. Except as expressly provided herein, nothing contained on the CIRSE website and any other website provided by CIRSE shall be construed or interpreted as conferring in any way any licence or right under any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of CIRSE or any third party.
2. By accessing and using the CIRSE website or any other website provided by CIRSE, you assume all risks associated with the use of such website, including any risk to your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus, software, or any other file which might be transmitted or activated via the CIRSE website or any other website provided by CIRSE or your access to it. CIRSE shall in no event be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, including, without limitation, lost revenues, or lost profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or misuse of the information or lack of information on the CIRSE website or any other website provided by CIRSE.
3. All information and data provided on the CIRSE website or any other website provided by CIRSE must not be considered medical advice and are not intended at replacing consultation with a qualified radiologist and/or physician of other disciplines. CIRSE does not provide medical advice or referral to the public. CIRSE does not provide literature searches or searches for information contained on the Internet to persons accessing the CIRSE website or any other website provided by CIRSE and requesting such searches.
4. The information is provided “as is” and may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. CIRSE hereby disclaims all warranties, express, implied or statutory, with regard thereto, including without limitation, all implied warranties, warranties of title, fitness and non-infringement, and disclaims any and all liability for any claims or damages which result from any exploitation of any content whatsoever provided on the CIRSE website or any other website provided by CIRSE. CIRSE does not exert editorial control over materials posted on the CIRSE website or any other website provided by CIRSE by third parties or members. In no event shall CIRSE be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, collateral or punitive damages including, without limitation, those resulting from any loss of data, loss of revenue or profits, or business interruption, arising out of or connected in any way with the use or inability to use of the information contained in the CIRSE website or any other website provided by CIRSE, whether based on warranty, contract, tort including negligence howsoever arising. CIRSE hereby excludes any responsibility or liability for the content of any third party sites linked to from this Web site.
5. The CIRSE website and any other website provided by CIRSE may contain “links” to other websites, which are not under the control of CIRSE. It is also possible that third party websites may also link into the CIRSE website or any other website provided by CIRSE. CIRSE shall not be responsible in any way for the content or the privacy practices employed of such other websites. CIRSE provides such “links” only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any “link” to any such websites does not imply endorsement by CIRSE of the content of such websites.
1. Scope of application
1.1. These general terms and conditions exclusively govern, and shall form the legal agreement relating to the use of the services and content provided at https://library.cirse.org/ (“CIRSE Library”) and https://academy.cirse.org (“CIRSE Academy”).
1.2. A contractual relationship governed by these terms and conditions is entered into between CIRSE Cardiovascular and Interventional Society of Europe, with its registered office in 1010 Vienna, Austria, Neutorgasse 9/6, (hereinafter referred to as “CIRSE”), and you (hereinafter referred to as the “Customer”)
2.1. The CIRSE Library is CIRSE‘s online educational resource, featuring recordings from the CIRSE, ECIO, GEST Europe/ET and IROS congresses since 2014. CIRSE members have free and unlimited access to all contents. As a non-member the Customer can choose from a range of different access options for different prices: access the entire CIRSE Library, a particular congress series or a single congress.
2.2. CIRSE Academy aims at providing comprehensive knowledge on Interventional Radiology topics through online courses based on the European IR Curriculum. They include a theoretical part, example cases and teaching videos and are all peer-reviewed by experts. Several modules are available on oncology, embolisation, arterial, venous, and non-vascular interventions. CIRSE Academy courses may be CME (Continuing Medical Education) certified and end with an interactive exam to test Customer’s knowledge on the respective course topic. Courses which are CME certified will be labelled accordingly. Access to each course can be purchased for 90 days. Only CIRSE members in good standing at the time of purchase of the services and/or content are entitled to a reduced fee.
3. Registration and access
3.1. In order to use any of the services and content provided by CIRSE Library and CIRSE Academy, the Customer has to register for a personal user account via the respective website. The Customer is solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of his user account and for all activities that occur on or through Customer’s user account, and the Customer agrees to immediately notify CIRSE of any security breach of his user account. CIRSE shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of his user account.
3.2. The contract between CIRSE and the Customer for the purchase of the service and/or content shall be concluded by the execution and termination of the order process by the Customer and by confirmation and acceptance of the order by CIRSE. The confirmation will be sent by e-mail to the Customer.
3.3. Online access to the services and content of CIRSE Academy or CIRSE Library to be paid for by the Customer will be granted only after receipt of payment by CIRSE.
3.4. The use of the services and contents offered via CIRSE Library and CIRSE Academy requires an active data connection. The Customer is solely responsible for all technical requirements for online access. Any costs related thereto shall be borne by the Customer.
3.5. CIRSE is entitled to temporarily limit the availability of the content offered through CIRSE Academy and CIRSE Library in the course of maintenance work. This may be necessary with regard to capacity limits, the security or the integrity of the services and content or for the implementation of technical measures. The Customer undertakes to inform CIRSE immediately of any disturbances in the use of the contents and CIRSE will keep the Customers duly informed of the status of access to the contents of CIRSE Academy and CIRSE Library.
3.6. CIRSE cannot be held liable in case of delay, malfunction, or disruption in displaying the content on CIRSE Academy and CIRSE Library, unless CIRSE acts in gross negligence or wilfully. Due to the nature of the internet and mobile devices, CIRSE accepts no liability for the uninterrupted availability of CIRSE Academy and CIRSE Library.
4. Subscription and granted access
4.1. Subscription for full access to the CIRSE Library is valid for one year. The subscription is renewed automatically, unless the Customer terminates the subscription by email four weeks before the end of the subscription. The Customer will receive a reminder email two months before the subscription will be automatically renewed.
4.2. Subscription for access to a particular material in the CIRSE Library such as specific congress series or single congress is valid for one year and expires automatically.
4.3. Upon any purchase on CIRSE Academy access to the completion and re-entry to the course is granted for an enrolment period of 90 days.
5. Prices and payment
5.1. All prices for the use of CIRSE Academy and CIRSE Library are in Euro and are valid as indicated on the CIRSE Academy and CIRSE Library website at the time of the purchase. The prices may be adjusted from time to time.
5.2. Customers are able to make payments electronically to CIRSE by MasterCard (incl. MasterCard Secure Code), VISA (incl. Verified by VISA). Any transaction fees will be added to the invoice of the Customer. Other forms of payment are not accepted.
5.3. Upon payment, the Customer will receive a confirmation that his order is complete and effective by email. With his user account, the Customer will be able to access the online e-learning platform CIRSE Academy or CIRSE Library in the myCIRSE area on the CIRSE website (www.cirse.org).
5.4. Only CIRSE Members in good standing at the time of purchase of the services and/or content are entitled to a reduced fee for the use of CIRSE Academy.
6. Information on (non-existence of) withdrawal right for Customers
In general, according to Austrian and European law, consumers shall have a period of 14 days after the day of the conclusion of the contract to withdraw from this contract, without giving any reason. However, as the subject of the present contract is the supply of digital content which is not supplied on a tangible medium, no withdrawal right is given if the performance has begun with the costumer’s prior express consent and his acknowledgment that he/she thereby loses his right of withdrawal. A costumer may only get access to CIRSE Academy and CIRSE Library in case he provides the mentioned consent and acknowledgement.
7. CME Certificate on CIRSE Academy
After successful completion of an e-learning course on CIRSE Academy, which is labelled as “CME accredited”, a CME Certificate will be available on the CIRSE website in the myCIRSE area after logging in at www.cirse.org or at the CIRSE Academy at academy.cirse.org.
8. Intellectual property
8.1. All services and content shown, made available on the websites of CIRSE Academy and CIRSE Library are, and remain, the intellectual property of CIRSE or its licensors, whether adapted, written for or customized for the Customer or not.
8.2. CIRSE grants the Customer a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access to CIRSE Academy or CIRSE Library only in line with these Terms and Conditions.
8.3. The use of services and content is permitted for the Customer. The Customer acknowledges that he may not reproduce, not modify, rent, lease, distribute, create derivative works in particular on end devices or media to which third parties have access; make available to the public or exploit CIRSE Academy and CIRSE Library contents in any way whatsoever.
9. Data protection
Information on data protection in accordance with Article 13 GDPR (General CIRSE Data use terms and conditions) can be found on our website at https://www.cirse.org/privacy
10. Place of jurisdiction and applicable law
Austrian law shall apply exclusively, without giving effect to its conflict of law rules and the UN Sales Convention. The competent court in Vienna shall have jurisdiction for legal proceedings.
In case the Customer is a consumer pursuant to the Austrian Consumer Protection Act (“Konsumentenschutzgesetz”) the applicable provisions regarding the place of jurisdiction apply.