CIRSE is committed to improving patient care through the support of science, research, and clinical practice by conducting high-quality research in interventional radiology. The outcome of research projects conducted by CIRSE should help our members to better understand the benefits and risks of the therapies and services they provide and help to improve their decision-making on a day-to-day basis to provide the best possible care for their patients.
While conducting research projects, CIRSE society pays mind to:
- Collaboration: The society encourages collaboration among clinicians, researchers and industry to foster the exchange of ideas, facilitate multidisciplinary research projects, and promote teamwork and networking.
- Quality: As the robustness of data is imperative to ensure its impact, CIRSE develops clear and detailed research protocols with expert groups and implements measures and procedures to ensure data quality.
- Ethics: To safeguard the rights, safety and confidentiality of patients, CIRSE ensures that all its research studies follow ethical research principles and guidelines.
- Dissemination: The society supports the dissemination of research findings through publications, presentations, and other educational opportunities to help translate research into clinical practice and improve patient care.
- Impact: CIRSE seeks to actively engage with stakeholders and decision makers to ensure that research findings are recognised and considered wherever necessary and possible, e.g., in treatment guidelines and recommendations.
CIRSE encourages members to develop research ideas and welcomes receiving these ideas. While the society does not provide direct funding for research studies, it offers an effective system of research review and refinement and at a later stage a comprehensive range of services to support members throughout the entire research process, from the idea, to protocol, to study conduct and study close-out including the dissemination of study results. CIRSE has built the in-house infrastructure to assists its members through Investigator Initiated/Sponsored Research requests, in collaboration with its members to develop high-quality research proposals, provide feedback and guidance, and ensure study success. Additionally, CIRSE offers aid with the application process, including the preparation of grant proposals and budgets. If you have a research idea or if you like to know more please contact us!
To access the protocol synopsis template, click here.