The following improvements have been made to the curriculum and syllabus:
- Increased focus on clinical practice and safety
- Several sections have been combined so that therapeutic areas and procedures are more appropriately aligned
- Procedures that are no longer widely performed have been edited out
The following sections have been added to the syllabus to reflect the continued expansion of this innovative field of medicine:
- Interventional Oncology (2.2.5)
- Prostate Artery Embolisation (PAE) (220.127.116.11)
- A blueprint colour coding system to guide future EBIR examinees with their preparation (18.104.22.168)
- Core Procedures in IR (2.1.8)
The European Curriculum and Syllabus serves as the basis for the UEMS-CESMA-endorsed European Board of Interventional Radiology (EBIR) Examination, which allows physicians who have followed the objectives of the curriculum and mastered the content of the syllabus to prove their professional competence.
The Task Force, chaired by Dr. Raman Uberoi, who dedicated their expertise and time to editing the first edition of the curriculum and syllabus, proudly announce the wide endorsement of the document by numerous European IR societies.
The second edition of the Curriculum and Syllabus has been serving as the basis for the EBIR Examination since February 2018.
For questions on the European IR Curriculum and Syllabus, please contact us at email@example.com