Attending CIRSE Congresses – A career booster
CIRSE strives to offer the best congresses for IR trainees, residents and young IRs and provide fantastic opportunities for education, training, networking and socialising at the biggest European meetings for interventional radiology. CIRSE congresses offer a wide range of events and sessions tailor made for IRs in training and at the beginning of their career.
Attending as a trainee
The CIRSE Annual Congress is the biggest IR congress in Europe offering thousands of participants numerous scientific sessions, discussions on the newest medical developments as well as representation from major medical companies and insights into the latest technical innovations.
We can’t wait to welcome you to the upcoming CIRSE Meeting which will take place online from September 25-28!
Attending CIRSE can boost your career in numerous ways:
- Deepen your IR knowledge with engaging scientific sessions as well as fundamental courses
- Get hands-on device training or training on the simulators
- See and handle the newest IR devices exhibited by the leaders of the medical device industry
- Attend the European Trainee Forum sessions to learn key competencies and get valuable career advice
- Take part in the European Trainee Forum social events and meet your colleagues and peers from around Europe
- Build your professional network and meet the opinion leaders of the European IR community
Residents and IRs in training can attend CIRSE for significantly reduced fees! And ALL CIRSE junior members can attend CIRSE at NO FEE.
The ETF Programme at CIRSE 2021
Engage with the other trainees and IRs at the beginning of their career from all over the world and enjoy the interesting sessions and talks given by experts at CIRSE 2021. This year, the ETF is presenting the following
IR Trainee Sessions*
- Dealing with scientific data
- Collaboration with other societies
- Partnership with the industry
- The stressful hidden side of IR: Can you manage it?
*The IR trainee sessions will be organised as part of the CIRSE 2021 scientific programme – check the programme here.
ETF Short Talks**
- ETF meets its partners from around the world (register here)
- IRs in action! (register here)
- Practising IR outside Europe (register here)
- Research and the common challenges faced by IR trainees (register here)
**ETF Short Talks will be organised outside the CIRSE 2021 scientific programme in the week prior to the summit (September 21-24). Pre-registration is required!
2021 IR Trainee Support Programme
In 2021 as in years past, CIRSE supports residents and trainees who are currently enrolled in post-graduate training and grants them free congress registration upon their successful application to the CIRSE IR Trainee Support Programme. The application deadline has passed on March 31 and the successful candidates were notified by the CIRSE Office.
The eligibility criteria were to submit an abstract for CIRSE 2021 and be an active CIRSE junior member.
In case of any questions regarding the support programme, please contact [email protected].