CIRSE strives to offer the best congresses for IR trainees, residents and young IRs and provide fantastic opportunities for education, training, networking and socialising at the biggest European meetings for interventional radiology. CIRSE congresses offer a wide range of events and sessions tailor made for IRs in training and at the beginning of their career.
Attending CIRSE Congresses – A career booster
Attending as a trainee/resident
The CIRSE Annual Congress is the biggest IR congress in Europe offering thousands of participants numerous scientific sessions, discussions on the newest medical developments as well as representation from major medical companies and insights into new technical innovations. CIRSE 2019 will take place in Barcelona, Spain from September 7-11.
Attending CIRSE can boost your career in numerous ways:
- Deepen your IR knowledge with engaging scientific sessions as well as fundamental courses
- Get hands-on device training or training on the simulators
- See and handle the newest IR devices exhibited by the leaders of the medical device industry
- Attend the European Trainee Forum sessions to learn key competences and get valuable career advice
- Take part in the European Trainee Forum social events and meet your colleagues and peers from around Europe
- Build your professional network and meet the opinion leaders of the European IR community
Residents and IRs in training can attend CIRSE at significantly reduced rates.
ECIO (European Congress on Interventional Oncology) will take place from April 8-11, 2019 in Amsterdam, Netherlands. It will host three and a half days of education and exchange in interventional oncology (IO), which is a branch of IR that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of cancer and cancer-related problems using minimally invasive procedures performed under image guidance.
ECIO will also feature an ETF trainee/resident networking event as well as scientific content ideal for IRs in training.