Attending CIRSE Congresses – A career booster
CIRSE strives to offer the best congresses for IR trainees, residents and young IRs and provide fantastic opportunities for education, training, networking and socialising at the biggest European meetings for interventional radiology. CIRSE congresses offer a wide range of events and sessions tailor made for IRs in training and at the beginning of their career.
Attending as a trainee/resident
Attending the CIRSE Annual Congress
The CIRSE Annual Congress is the biggest IR congress in Europe offering thousands of participants numerous scientific sessions, discussions on the newest medical developments as well as representation from major medical companies and insights into the latest technical innovations. Due to the COVID pandemic, CIRSE 2020 was organised as a virtual event. However, we truly believe that the year 2021 will allow us to meet again in person and get together in Lisbon!
We can’t wait to welcome you to the upcoming CIRSE Meeting which will take place from September 25-29!
Attending CIRSE can boost your career in numerous ways:
- Deepen your IR knowledge with engaging scientific sessions as well as fundamental courses
- Get hands-on device training or training on the simulators
- See and handle the newest IR devices exhibited by the leaders of the medical device industry
- Attend the European Trainee Forum sessions to learn key competences and get valuable career advice
- Take part in the European Trainee Forum social events and meet your colleagues and peers from around Europe
- Build your professional network and meet the opinion leaders of the European IR community
Residents and IRs in training can attend CIRSE for significantly reduced fees! And ALL CIRSE junior members can attend CIRSE at NO FEE.
The ETF Programme at CIRSE 2021
Engage with the other trainees and IRs at the beginning of their career from all over the world and enjoy the interesting sessions and talks given by experts at CIRSE 2021. This year, the ETF is presenting the following
IR Trainee Sessions
- Dealing with scientific data
- Collaboration with other societies
- Partnership with the industry
- The stressful hidden side of IR: Can you manage it?
ETF Short Talks
- ETF meets its partners from around the world
- IRs in action!
- Practicing IR outside Europe
- Research and the common challenges faced by IR trainees
2021 IR Trainee Support Programme
In 2021 as in years past, CIRSE supports residents and trainees who are currently enrolled in post-graduate training and grants them free congress registration upon their successful application to the CIRSE IR Trainee Support Programme. The application deadline has passed on March 31 and the successful candidates will be notified by the CIRSE Office in May.
The eligibility criteria were to submit an abstract for CIRSE 2021 and be an active CIRSE junior member.
In case of any questions regarding the support programme, please contact [email protected].