Attending CIRSE Congresses – A career booster
CIRSE strives to offer the best congresses for IR trainees, residents and young IRs and provide fantastic opportunities for education, training, networking and socialising at the biggest European meetings for interventional radiology. CIRSE congresses offer a wide range of events and sessions tailor made for IRs in training and at the beginning of their career.
Attending as a trainee
The CIRSE Annual Congress is the biggest IR congress in Europe offering thousands of participants numerous scientific sessions, discussions on the newest medical developments as well as representation from major medical companies and insights into the latest technical innovations.
Attending CIRSE can boost your career in numerous ways:
- Deepen your IR knowledge with engaging scientific sessions as well as fundamental courses
- Get hands-on device training or training on the simulators
- See and handle the newest IR devices exhibited by the leaders of the medical device industry
- Attend the European Trainee Forum sessions to learn key competencies and get valuable career advice
- Take part in the European Trainee Forum social events and meet your colleagues and peers from around Europe
- Build your professional network and meet the opinion leaders of the European IR community
Residents and IRs in training can attend CIRSE for significantly reduced fees! And ALL CIRSE junior members can attend CIRSE at NO FEE in case they have been accepted for the IR Trainee Support Programme.
The ETF Programme at CIRSE 2021
A few hundreds of trainees from around the world enjoyed the interesting sessions and talks given by experts at CIRSE 2021. See below the ETF programme that was part of this year’s summit.
IR Trainee Sessions (can be watched on demand in the CIRSE Library)
- Dealing with scientific data
- Collaboration with other societies
- Partnership with the industry
- The stressful hidden side of IR: Can you manage it?
ETF Programme at CIRSE 2021 – designed for IR’s next generation
We sat down with European Trainee Forum representatives Dr. Evgenia Efthymiou and Dr. Inês Conde Vasco to discuss what’s in store for this year’s ETF programme.
2021 IR Trainee Support Programme
In 2021 as in years past, CIRSE supported residents and trainees who were enrolled in post-graduate training at the time and granted them free congress registration upon their successful application to the CIRSE IR Trainee Support Programme.
The eligibility criteria for this programme are to submit an abstract for the CIRSE Annual Meeting and be an active CIRSE junior member. So if you want to participate in the IR Trainee Support Programme next year, make sure that you are a CIRSE junior member!
In case of any questions regarding the support programme, please contact [email protected].