Attending CIRSE Congresses – A career booster
CIRSE strives to offer the best congresses for IR trainees, residents and young IRs and provide fantastic opportunities for education, training, networking and socialising at the biggest European meetings for interventional radiology. CIRSE congresses offer a wide range of events and sessions tailor made for IRs in training and at the beginning of their career.
Attending as a trainee/resident
Attending the CIRSE Annual Congress
The CIRSE Annual Congress is the biggest IR congress in Europe offering thousands of participants numerous scientific sessions, discussions on the newest medical developments as well as representation from major medical companies and insights into the latest technical innovations. Due to the COVID pandemic, CIRSE 2020 was organised as a virtual event. However, we truly believe that the year 2021 will allow us to meet again in person and get together in Lisbon!
We can’t wait to welcome you to the upcoming CIRSE Meeting which will take place from September 25-29!
Attending CIRSE can boost your career in numerous ways:
- Deepen your IR knowledge with engaging scientific sessions as well as fundamental courses
- Get hands-on device training or training on the simulators
- See and handle the newest IR devices exhibited by the leaders of the medical device industry
- Attend the European Trainee Forum sessions to learn key competences and get valuable career advice
- Take part in the European Trainee Forum social events and meet your colleagues and peers from around Europe
- Build your professional network and meet the opinion leaders of the European IR community
Residents and IRs in training can attend CIRSE for significantly reduced fees! And ALL CIRSE junior members can attend CIRSE at NO FEE. If you wish to benefit from free congress registration, please read more information about the CIRSE 2021 IR Trainee Support Programme below.
2021 IR Trainee Support Programme
CIRSE will again host the IR Trainee Support Programme to help make the congress more affordable for residents and trainees who are currently enrolled in post-graduate training and will be at the time of CIRSE 2021.
1. Submit an abstract for CIRSE 2021 as a first or presenting author by March 15, 2021.
2. Be a CIRSE junior member
- Not yet a CIRSE junior member? If you have obtained your undergraduate medical degree no more than eight years ago and are currently enrolled in post-graduate training, you are eligible for CIRSE junior membership. In order to be considered for the IR Trainee Support Programme, your junior membership application has to be sent to us by March 31, 2021 at the latest.
- If you are already a CIRSE member and would like to change your membership status to a junior member, please contact [email protected] and send along a copy of your undergraduate medical degree and a proof that you are currently enrolled in training by March 31, 2021.
3. Apply for the 2021 IR Trainee Support Programme by March 31, 2021. The application link is available for all CIRSE junior members in myCIRSE area.
Please note that only 200 places are available and will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
In case you have any questions, please contact [email protected]