Attend an IR congress
Let us inspIRe you! CIRSE invites undergraduate medical students to its congresses free of charge, hence giving them the opportunity to learn more about one of the most dynamic, innovative and rapidly growing areas of medicine – interventional radiology!
September 25-28 online
The CIRSE Annual Congress is Europe’s premier meeting in IR, offering thousands of participants numerous scientific sessions, discussions on the newest medical developments, representation from major medical companies and insights into the latest technical innovations.
The last annual physical meeting took place in Barcelona in September 2019 and welcomed 348 medical students from 30 countries. In 2020, we organised the virtual CIRSE Summit which welcomed more than 200 students. Just to name a few features of the CIRSE Student Programme: medical students are invited to attend the “Introducing IR” lecture, take part at hands-on training sessions, network with experienced IRs at a mentoring breakfast, and test their newly gained IR knowledge at the students’ quiz. Last but not least, CIRSE also organises a social evening for all CIRSE Student Programme participants that bring all of them together.
What can CIRSE 2021 Student Programme participants look forward to?
- Session on “Favourite procedures – basic IR cases” (scheduled for Sept 24, 18:00 (CEST); register here)
- Student quiz
- Student presentations on various topics
- Recommended sessions for medical students
- Student talks about IR internships (apply for your internship here)
- Meeting and chatting with mentors from different European countries – European Trainee Forum Subcommittee members
- Attending ETF sessions that are tailored specifically for medical students and young IRs
- Learning more about various devices and enjoying 270 live lectures and 160 on-demand presentations
Are you interested in participating in the upcoming CIRSE Student Programme? As a student you can register for CIRSE 2021 for free!
To be eligible for free registration, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an undergraduate medical student both at the time of registration and during the congress
- Must be aged 36 or younger