IASIOS – a strong start in the new year
IASIOS, the International Accreditation System in Interventional Oncology Services, is a global accreditation system which provides a unique opportunity for interventional oncology centres to gain recognition and certification for high-quality IO services.
A successful 2022
IASIOS’s first full calendar year since the public launch demonstrated the demand for such a programme – the number of participating centres increased from 15 at the start of 2022 to 35 at the end, and the number of Accredited Centres increased to 13. A first South American centre joined, supplemental documents were translated into seven new languages, and IASIOS gained the support of 40 national and international radiology societies.
A bright 2023 begins – with expanded benefits!
IASIOS enrolled and accredited facilities receive full access to IASIOS annual benefits designed to build the community, empower practitioners and enhance the visibility of IO. These benefits have been expanded for 2023, and now include
- Two free ECIO 2023 registrations and two free CIRSE 2023 registrations for members of the IO team who might not otherwise be able to attend (e.g. juniors, residents, nurses, radiographers, technicians, etc.)
- Recognition of IASIOS membership with a logo on ECIO and CIRSE congress badges
- Workshops at ECIO 2023 on meeting the criteria and improving IO service according to the Standards of Quality Assurance in Interventional Oncology, with advice for becoming an IASIOS Accredited Centre and IASIOS Centre of Excellence
- IASIOS networking and social events at ECIO and CIRSE
- Support with marketing materials and centre promotion upon enrolment and accreditation, including sharing on IASIOS’s social media channels and website.
For clarifications or questions about IASIOS benefits, please get in touch with the team at [email protected].
On the importance of quality assurance
Representatives from IASIOS were present at MIO live last January in Rome to deliver talks on how vital quality assurance is for the future of IO. IASIOS Committee member Prof. Laura Crocetti gave a presentation on IASIOS during the “MIO-Live meets CIRSE” session, which focused on quality assurance.
IASIOS steering board member, Prof. Lizbeth Kenny, and IASIOS Operating Officer, Mardis Karlsdottir, also published an article in the Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology. This article, titled “Standards and quality assurance in interventional oncology: The establishment of the International Accreditation System for Interventional Oncology Services (IASIOS)” details the creation and benefits of IASIOS and makes an emphatic statement about how integral quality assurance is to improving treatment for cancer patients. Click here to access the article!