IR Vacancy Finder
Consultant Interventional Radiologist
Main Duties of the Post
• A 12 months fixed term contract with the possibility of extension.
• Support the general interventional radiology service along 4 other full time consultants.
• Our IR work contains both vascular and non-vascular procedures. It also includes CT angio reporting.
• On call cover for general intervention (1:5 Rota)
• Work cross site KGH and QH
• We outsource our on call out of hours Angio-reporting from 8pm weekdays and 6pm weekends.
• On call reporting is provided remotely with VPN network and PACS access.
• Onsite on call work is required in emergency interventions.
• Attending the Vascular MDT or other MDTs were an IR radiologist is needed.
• Our Intervention work load includes:
o Peripheral vascular angioplasty and stenting.
o Biliary drainage and stenting,
o Nephrostomy insertion and ureteric stenting,
o Uterine fibroid embolisation,
o Testicular vein embolisation.
o PICC line, Hickman line and other venous line insertions.
o Central venous angioplasty and stenting.
o IVC filter insertion and retrieval.
o US and CT guided biopsies and drainages.
o Peripheral vascular thrombolysis.
o Emergency bleeding emoblisation.
o Gastrostomy insertion.
Our future plans include the introduction of services as prostatic artery embolisation, image guided tumour ablations, hepatic tumour embolisation and dialysis fistula interventions.
For any further details please do not hesitate to send an email.