Trainees, residents and young IRs at CIRSE 2018
Like in previous years, our congresses strive to be the best international meetings for IR trainees, residents and young IRs. The congresses aim to enhance their careers with tailor made content, networking opportunities and career building sessions. Building on last year's success, CIRSE 2018 will once again offer a wide range of sessions, workshops and activities made specifically for IRs in training - organised by CIRSE's European Trainee Forum.
Every year, the ETF organises sessions dedicated to the needs of trainees, residents and IRs at the start of their career. At CIRSE 2018, the sessions will include:
- IR Trainee Session: Future IR technologies - Saturday, September 22 2018, 10:00-11:00
- IR Trainee Session: Building an IR career - Monday, September 24 2018, 10:00-11:00
- IR Trainee Session: Clinical Practice for IR trainees, residents and young IRs - Tuesday, September 25 2018, 10:00-11:00
The ETF Short Talks were a very successful feature introduced in 2017, and they will be continued and expanded in 2018. The talks will again take place around lunchtime at the News-on-Stage area. Topics will include: grants, international mobility, preparing for the EBIR Exam as well as international research cooperation. Stay tuned for updates!
- Training and career opportunities in Australia - Saturday, September 22 2018, 12:15-12:30
- Grants and European Mobility - Saturday, September 22 2018, 12:30-12:45
- Career opportunities as an MD in the device industry - Sunday, September 23 2018, 12:15-12:30
- Taking the EBIR: Practical Advice - Sunday, September 23 2018, 12:30-12:45
- Training and career opportunities in the USA - Monday, September 24 2018, 12:15-12:45
This is a chance to meet peers and community leaders from across Europe at an informal brunch event. Relax, have a chat and enjoy a coffee while getting to know other young IRs from all across Europe!
Sunday, September 22nd, 11:00-12:00
European Trainee Forum Quiz
Tuesday morning will feature the ETF Quiz which represents the last highlight for trainees, residents and young IRs. This popular event at the CIRSE Annual Meeting will give attendees the chance to compete and win prizes in a pub-quiz style competition. Join, have fun and meet your peers from around Europe!
Tuesday, September 24, 11:30-13:00
As in previous years, CIRSE 2018 will feature sessions that will be tailor made for IRs in training or at the beginning of their career. The FCs will cover a wide range of topics:
- FC 101 Dialysis fistulas - Saturday, September 22 2018, 08:30-9:30
- FC 1003 Musculoskeletal ablation - Sunday, September 23 2018, 10:00-11:00
- FC 1405 Interventional pain management - Sunday, September 23 2018, 16:15-17:15
- FC 1701 Upper extremity arterial disease - Monday, September 24 2018, 08:30-9:30
- FC 2504 Postpartum haemorrhage - Tuesday, September 24 2018, 08:30-9:30
- FC 3005 Biopsy - Tuesday, September 24 2018, 16:15-17:15
More information coming soon!