CIRSE members may post job offers on this page. Please note that CIRSE cannot take responsibility or be held liable for the content of these announcements.
Beaumont Hospital and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland is searching for a Lecturer (fellow) in interventional radiology beginning in July 2017. The post is a full-time specialist registrar on the Faculty of Radiology Training Scheme in Ireland. Candidates should have completed their radiology training (4-5 years) and competency testing in diagnostic radiology. Primary objectives will be to provide teaching and related support to the Academic Radiology Department, to contribute to the development of the Department and to gain widespread experience in IR and clinical practice in IR.
Specifically the duties of this post include:
- The gamut of Interventional Radiology procedures are performed at Beaumont, including: EVAR, carotid stenting, peripheral vascular intervention, renal and iliac stenting, renal denervation, thrombolysis, venous access and caval filters, trauma embolization, embolization for GI Bleeding and Hemoptysis, chemoembolization and uterine artery embolization. A complete non-vascular interventional radiology service is also offered, which includes: Abcess drainage, biopsy, microwave ablation, biliary intervention, GU intervention and musculoskeletal intervention. The lecturer will be familiar with all of the above techniques on completing the year.
- Clinical practice in interventional radiology is a vital ingredient in a complete IR program. Day case and inpatient beds are part of the IR service. Pre-procedure assessment, post procedure care and OPD follow-up will be an important part of the learning process.
- Vascular Imaging eg CTA, MRA, Doppler will be emphasized during this year and the Lecturer will gain expertise in pre and post procedure imaging and clinical assessment.
- Gaining practical and academic experience to pass the European Board of Interventional Radiology (EBIR)
- Participating in the research activities of the Department as required. The department has a very active research program in IR with many publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations to international meetings. The lecturer will be expected to take up a number of research projects and see them to completion during the training period.
The Imaging and Interventional Radiology Department at Beaumont Hospital is equipped with 3 multislice CT scanners, 2 x 1.5 T MR and 1 x 3.0 T MR scanners, 2 new interventional suites with integrated US, Cone beam CT and targeting/tracking software. There are 5 consultant Interventional Radiologists in the Department.
If interested, further information can be obtained from Professor Mick Lee at email@example.com or via phone at 353-1-8092831.
If you would like to post a job announcement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.