CIRSE 2011 Media Corner
A particular effort was made this year by the Society to maximise publicity for CIRSE 2011 and a remarkable media response was achieved. Print, online and radio media all covered the congress. The media echo was heard the loudest in the host country Germany (in particular its largest federal state Bavaria) with some select international publications spreading the word beyond the German border.
Targeted PR and media activities were undertaken by the Society to use this elevated media attention to raise awareness of interventional radiology as a whole. IR's progress in cancer and diabetes management was chosen as the leading theme for all media activity in order to focus public attention. The media campaign culminated in two highly effective press events:
- A round table discussion was organised involving the local hosts of CIRSE 2011 Prof. Helmberger and Prof. Tacke, presented by Dr. Marianne Koch, a well-known German medical journalist (see press releases for the corresponding press release in German langauge).
- Two media workshops, one focusing on cancer, one on diabetes, were held to inform the journalists present at the congress (see press releases for the release that was distributed to DPA, the central news agency in Germany).
All media activities were received well and CIRSE 2011 marks a step forward in the way the Society manages its public relations.
Should you require more information on CIRSE 2011 please do not hesitate to contact your CIRSE Press Contact:
CIRSE 2011 FACTS & FIGURES
• 6,164 Delegates - for the first time in CIRSE history the number of attendees exceeded 6,000 registrants
• 250 Hours of Education - comprising lectures, hands on workshops, industry symposia and more
• 1,413 Abstracts Submitted - showing the strong commitment of the CIRSE community
• 5,000 m² of Exhibition Space - used by 100 corporate partners
• 30 New Products Launched - by 22 exhibitors (click here for the full list)
• Top 15 Countries of Origin of Medical Professionals at CIRSE 2011: